Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Pontiff's penultimate day

Pope confident God will guide Church in days ahead
A sign in German thanks Pope Benedict XVI as pilgrims wait for the Pope's final general audience in St. Peter's Square. CNS photo / Paul Haring.
Catholic News Agency reports that the Pope made his way through St. Peter's Square in his popemobile and was welcomed by cheering throngs of pilgrims from all over Europe and abroad before his final general audience Feb. 27.

Pope Benedict XVI told the 200,000 people that he is filled with trust and peace as he prepares to resign, because the Church is not his but God's and he will "not let it sink."

"When, on April 19 of nearly eight years ago, I accepted to assume the Petrine ministry, I had the firm certainty that has always accompanied me. In that moment, as I have already express many times, the words that resounded in my heart were 'Lord, what are You asking of me? This is a great burden that You place on my shoulders, but if You ask it of me, on Your word I will throw out the nets, sure that You will guide me.'"

Pope Benedict's full remarks at today's audience are posted here.

For full story see The B.C. Catholic website.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment about this post.

Rules for commenting

Posts and comments to The Busy Catholic must be marked by Christian charity and respect for the truth. They should be on topic and presume the good will of other contributors. Discussion should take place primarily from a faith perspective. We reserve the right to end discussion on any topic any time we feel the discussion is no longer productive.