Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Love draws seminarian to serve God as a priest

Paul Jang Han Goo appreciates his faith more after roundabout journey back to the Church
Christ the King seminarian Paul Jang Han Goo poses with three Missionaries of
Charity sisters. Goo, who went to Kolkata last year to volunteer with the order,
says the experience helped him become a more loving person.
Photo Special to The B.C. Catholic.
The B.C. Catholic profiles seminarian Paul Jang Han Goo, who's journey to priesthood took many twists and turns:
Paul Jang Han Goo remembers the first time he fell in love. He was at Mass in a Seattle church and realized he wanted to spend the rest of his life serving the Lord.

“After receiving the Eucharist, when I returned to my pew, I felt butterflies in my stomach; that’s the expression some people describe as love,” said the 30-year-old seminarian at the Seminary of Christ the King in Mission. “That was a surprise, and I thought, ‘Wow; how did that happen?”

Born in Korea in 1982 to a Catholic family, Goo fell away from his faith after graduating from high school in Port Moody. “I had doubts and many questions.”

He doubted God’s existence, and couldn’t find anyone to answer his questions about faith to his satisfaction. “I was very disillusioned,” he said. “At one point I realized that I couldn’t say I believed in God.”
Read the full story at The B.C. Catholic website.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment about this post.

Rules for commenting

Posts and comments to The Busy Catholic must be marked by Christian charity and respect for the truth. They should be on topic and presume the good will of other contributors. Discussion should take place primarily from a faith perspective. We reserve the right to end discussion on any topic any time we feel the discussion is no longer productive.