Friday, May 27, 2011

The woman who saw the light

Mother of Aerosmith singer Steven Tyler's aborted baby tells a pro-life story

Julia Holcomb with Steven Tyler (Lifenews.com)
After reading Kevin Burke's article on Aerosmith's lead singer Steven Tyler, Julia Holcomb wrote a more detailed account of her relationship with Tyler, her abortion and her journey into becoming a pro-life Catholic wife and mother. She writes:

My maiden name is Julia Holcomb and I am writing in response to Kevin Burke’s article Post Abortion Trauma from the National Review.  I found the article he wrote about Steven Tyler remarkably compassionate while outlining the trauma of abortion. My name was mentioned in this article, as it has been in several other articles that have been written lately, and in several books. I decided it was time to tell my story honestly, to the best of my memory, hoping to bring closure and peace to this period of my life.

Hers is an amazing story of faith and healing:

In spite of everything, I do not hate Steven Tyler, nor am I personally bitter.  I pray for his sincere conversion of heart and hope he can find God’s grace. I know that I am also responsible for what happened that day. Someone may say that my abortion was justified because of my age, the drugs, and the fire. I do not believe anything can justify taking my baby’s life. The action is wrong. I pray that our nation will change its laws so that the lives of innocent unborn babies are protected.

Read her full story here.

"Light of the World" by Charles Bosseron Chambers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment about this post.

Rules for commenting

Posts and comments to The Busy Catholic must be marked by Christian charity and respect for the truth. They should be on topic and presume the good will of other contributors. Discussion should take place primarily from a faith perspective. We reserve the right to end discussion on any topic any time we feel the discussion is no longer productive.