Monday, September 23, 2013

Missionary serves needy in Guadalajara


Project Brotherhood completes four-month Mexican trip
Project Brotherhood hard at work on their mission.

In a special for The B.C. Catholic, Anthony Chung remembers his mission trip to Guadalajara with Project Brotherhood. Heartened by the generosity shown to members of Project Brotherhood by Vancouverites and Guadalajara locals, he reflects on the impact of missionary work and sacrifice.
A recent missionary trip to Guadalajara, Mexico, was one of the most rewarding events of my life.

It all began last November, when I noticed an ad in our parish bulletin. Project Brotherhood was looking for volunteers. In light of the Year of Faith and the constant urging of Archbishop J. Michael Miller, CSB, to serve those in need, I signed up.

I was brought up in Hong Kong. Catholic missionaries from all over the world taught me and strengthened my faith. This year I celebrated the 50th anniversary of my baptism. I was excited to think that at this stage of my life I could join a group of young adults and volunteers to serve a community in a foreign land.
For full story, see The B.C. Catholic website.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment about this post.

Rules for commenting

Posts and comments to The Busy Catholic must be marked by Christian charity and respect for the truth. They should be on topic and presume the good will of other contributors. Discussion should take place primarily from a faith perspective. We reserve the right to end discussion on any topic any time we feel the discussion is no longer productive.