Friday, June 1, 2012

Oblate pastor lives on the edge

Daredevil priest enjoys his extreme adventures
Father Frank Kuczera, OMI, says he might be a priest but he's just like any other person. Ramon Gonzalez / CCN.
Not all priests pray and read. Ramon Gonzalez of The Western Catholic Reporter profiles an Edmonton area Oblate who likes to live life on the extreme side:
Oblate Father Frank Kuczera says his priestly calling “wasn’t a moment of transfiguration” filled with thunder and lighting and prophetic words from above.

“My journey wasn’t a straight line. There were detours and hills and valleys and I think that’s what life is. Life is lived in the valley and for me it was like that too, this day by day journeying with God and with the people that God placed in my journey.”

Father Kuczera, 42, is not an introvert. “I’m a daredevil,” he declares with a perky smile. “I’m not kidding you. I do bungee jumping. I did that here in Edmonton.”
Read the full story at The B.C. Catholic website.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment about this post.

Rules for commenting

Posts and comments to The Busy Catholic must be marked by Christian charity and respect for the truth. They should be on topic and presume the good will of other contributors. Discussion should take place primarily from a faith perspective. We reserve the right to end discussion on any topic any time we feel the discussion is no longer productive.