Friday, May 25, 2012

Damien to play at HRC

Play about great saint comes to Holy Rosary Cathedral June 1

Father Edward Danylo Evanko has performed as St. Damien all over the world including a special performance at the Belgian embassy the week of Father Damien's canonization. But his performance of Damien at Holy Rosary Cathedral, June 1, will be just as, if not more, special.


"I've longed to present Damien in what I call my cathedral," Father Evanko said in a promotional video for the one man show. In 2005 Father Evanko was ordained a priest in Holy Rosary after spending most of his adult life as a showman. "When I say as Damien 'this is my cathedral this is where I was ordained' it will be a big tug at my heart."

Damien is presented by Redeemer Pacific College and starts 7 p.m. June 1 at Holy Rosary Cathedral. Tickets are available at Redeemer Pacific's website and at the door. For more information call Maria at 604-888-7727.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment about this post.

Rules for commenting

Posts and comments to The Busy Catholic must be marked by Christian charity and respect for the truth. They should be on topic and presume the good will of other contributors. Discussion should take place primarily from a faith perspective. We reserve the right to end discussion on any topic any time we feel the discussion is no longer productive.