Monday, November 26, 2012

Lions quarterback overcomes adversity with faith

Travis Lulay believes God gave him the ability to play football; he refuses to waste that gift

Travis Lulay.
Photo by Malin Jordan / B.C. Catholic.
The B.C. Catholic has a feature on B.C. Lions quarterback Travis Lulay. He talked about how his faith helped him overcome early adversity and the importance of fatherhood:
“Someone once told me that your ability is God’s gift to you and what you do with that is your gift back to Him,” Lulay told The B.C. Catholic. He said he believes God’s gift to him is the ability to play quarterback. He refuses to waste an opportunity to use that gift.

After a successful college career at Montana State University, Lulay spent three years trying to stick with an NFL team. He was signed and released twice by the Seattle Seahawks and once by the New Orleans Saints.

He signed with the Lions in 2009 as a third-string quarterback. After spending two years working hard at practice, he finally got his break and began the 2011 season as the starter.

“I maintained a belief in myself that I could play,” he said. “If I played myself off the field I’d be perfectly fine with that because I would have done everything within my power to take advantage of what I feel God has given me.”
Read the full story at The B.C. Catholic website.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment about this post.

Rules for commenting

Posts and comments to The Busy Catholic must be marked by Christian charity and respect for the truth. They should be on topic and presume the good will of other contributors. Discussion should take place primarily from a faith perspective. We reserve the right to end discussion on any topic any time we feel the discussion is no longer productive.